The Association of Political Theory in Africa (APTA) is the leading forum for the development and exchange of political ideas to overcome the challenges facing Africa today.
It aims to promote African scholarship in political theory through a plural and global exchange of ideas. As an association located in Africa we are open to any form and nature of political theory that advances this goal.
The objectives of APTA include:
• To promote the importance of political theory in Africa
• To enhance debate, research and teaching in political theory
• To nurture young political theorists and enable publishing opportunities
• To expand networks continentally and globally
• To encourage the use of political theory in public debate and practical politics
Professor Hountondji comes to Wits courtesy of the NRF/British Academy SA-UK Bilateral Research Chair in Political Theory and WISER’s Mapping African Futures Seminar series. Keep an eye out for details.
• 7 March 2019: Vusi Gumede (UNISA)
• 11 April 2019: Laurence Piper (UWC)
• 2 May 2019: Sabelo Ndlovu-Gatsheni (UNISA)
• 6 June 2019: Terrell Carver (Bristol)